Oct 9, 2010

Backyard Flower Arrangement

We had family over for lunch today.  I love entertaining! I've heard that you grow out of it but I'm not so sure I've heard right.  The weather was delicious and I really enjoyed hanging out in our backyard  - more so than other days.  I think it was a combination of the warm sunlight, oh-so-perfect temperature at 75 degress and the smell of freshly cut grass in the air.

I bought a Fern this past Spring and it tripled in size - I just love it.  [I'm  thinking about bringing it inside for the winter but I must perform a serious pesticide treatment first.] 

While staring at the Fern I wondered how it would look if I were to put pieces of it in a vase with water.  Hmmmm.  I started to pull pieces off the Fern and my mother-in-law suggested that I also cut pieces from an annual in one of my garden beds.  The next thing I knew the two of us were off - buzzing around and looking for other colorful peices of nature to add to the vase.

We had fun.  Here's a picture of what we snipped, clipped, pulled and cut from the yard.

1 comment:

ChRiS said...

good luck with the fern Boston fern? they really are hard to keep in the house and dirtyyyyyy leaves are always falling off....some people have luck with them in the bathroom due to the steam from showers.....wish ya luck on trying!!!