Nov 17, 2010

Inspiration Board

I get most of my inspiration from the internet and magazines. When I see something I love, I print it out or tear pages from magazines and make a note of the source.  Before I purchased this cork board I had papers all over the place.  I had accumulated a huge mess.  And I was starting to lose ideas because I constantly moved the mess around in an attempt to hide it, organize it, or find a new place for it. 

I've started to focus my attention back to decorating the office.  Now that I've completed a couple projects on my to-do list, mentioned here, I can begin to figure out what I want to do with our office space. 

The first thing I bought for me the office was an inspiration board - a MUST HAVE!  Inspiration Boards are awesome for adding color and uniqueness to an office.  And I couldn't think of a better way to start getting organized.  I knew when I saw all of my inspiration in an orderly manner that I'd get an extra burst of urgency to work hard on the office until it's completed.  

Here's the cork board Rob picked up for me the other night.  It's kinda depressing and ugly looking...def in need of some inspiration love.



 And here's the cork board after I added my "inspiration" to it.  I love this board now and I can't wait to make all these ideas a reality.
Do you see the "Office" section in the bottom left corner?  Not sure yet if my accent color will be red or yellow. 

This board will eventually make its way onto one of the walls in the office.  I can't wait to see it all come together. 

Do you have an inspiration board?  Take a picture of it and share, share- would love to see it!!!

Have a wonderful night! 

4 comments:

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Nice job!! I think that will look great up on your wall!! :)

Bloggerontherun said...

I love your inspiration board! I totally need to get one of those. All my stuff is in a sad little folder :-(

That One Girl said...

Adorable!!! I don't have an inspiration board... all I really have is a bunch of magazines piled up on my nightstand/file cabinet and a bunch of google reader folders!! LOL I may have to copy-cat you! :-D

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to do an inspiration board... maybe you have inspired me enough to do one~ Thanks for visiting my blog. :))))

A Bowl Full of Lemons!